Saturday, July 17, 2010

Steps 2-26: Get to Ethiopia and Do a Ton of Stuff

It turns out the Internet was more elusive during our travels than I was hoping.  So this is my first post since San Franciso a few days ago.  A lot has happened since then.  

Our flight from San Fran to Dubai was exceptionally good.  We were way back in the tail, where there were fewer chairs and a little more room.  The on-plane entertainment system was really good, but I found myself glued to a channel that displayed all kinds of trip data and on-plane cameras.  For the first few hours we saw a ton of cool stuff outside, including Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Shasta, Crater Lake.  It was like having an aerial tour of CA/OR/WA.  I don't think the pilots intended it, but it was amazing!

Dubai was pretty interesting.  The airport is POSH for sure.  We had a forced layover overnight, so we were given hotel and meal vouchers.  It was a good experience.  We caught one more flight to Addis Ababa yesterday morning.  Once again it was a nice comfortable experience.  Emirates is definitely a good airline to go with for such a long trip.

We arrived earlier than scheduled and breezed through the visa and customs process.  The airport is pretty rough as airports go.

I'm out of time again, so I'll try to post more later.  Here's a link to a batch of photos I uploaded to SmugMug last night.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment