Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home & Together

Thanks to everyone who donated, contributed, and supported our adoption and the trip to Ethiopia.  There's no way to express how grateful we are to all of you.  You've been used by God to bless our family immensely!


We're home!  I wasn't able to post again before leaving Ethiopia since the Internet was so sketchy and slow.  So this is a little after-the-trip update.  


We spent the last few days in Ethiopia mostly hanging out at the guest house with Ellie.  There was a lot of getting-to-know-you that needed to happen, and it was good.  She typically needed feeding 2 times per night, which wasn't too bad.  
On Friday we toured the Robera Coffee Factory.  That was pretty cool to say the least, but Amber and Eleora weren't digging it too much.  Amber hates coffee, both in smell and taste.  Ellie hates loud noises.  I did manage to haul away 40 kg of roasted coffee to bring back home.  Awesome!


The flights home were pretty grueling, but we were blessed in a few big ways.  First of all, we weren't sick.  Amber and I were feeling really ill the day before leaving.  We were worried that we'd both be ill with a baby on a plane for 21 hours or more.  We were feeling good on travel day!  Despite making a trip to the Emirates office in Addis Ababa to secure seating, a bassinet, and a hotel voucher for our stay in Dubai, we were denied all of the above.  We ended up being granted all these needs along the way!  Finally, Eleora was a really good baby.  She ate and slept without a lot of drama for the whole trip.  I love how God provides for needs as they come up.  I only wish He'd give me forward notice that it's all taken care of so I wouldn't worry.  I guess that's where faith comes in.


We're dealing with the jet lag now, which isn't pleasant.  Even still it's nice to spend time as a newly expanded family.  I'm back to work tomorrow.  Time to experience the normalizing of our 5 person group!


This morning I uploaded a final collection of pictures from the trip to the album on SmugMug.  It's especially nice if you use the "slideshow" feature.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment